Apple has conducted its Worldwide developer conference of this year, yesterday on the virtual platform. They have come up with new technology, new features over iOS, macOS, Apple Watch OS, and whatnot.
Here we are listing our major changes and news that were unveiled over the virtual conference.
- The next version of the iPhone operating system has been unveiled.
- iPhone home screen has been redesign
- Important messages can be pinned up, can set up to alert you from the muted group when your name has been mentioned
- Emojis will be wearing masks
- Siri will not be covering the whole screen from iOS 14.
- Siri has got 11 more languages
- Updated HomeKit to streamline the smart home controls
- Apple introduced App Chip
- Apple phone can be used as a car key with a couple of car brands including BMW 5 series
iPad OS 14
- Compact notification for incoming calls
- The search option has been made just like Spotlights on Macs
- New app Scribble has got handwriting recognition with the ability of recognizing new languages
- Improves photos navigation with a sidebar
Apple Watch OS7
- Face Sharing: You can share your favorite Apple Watch Setup with the person you like.
- Could track your sleep
- Can give you directions while cycling
- New handwashing detection
- Can track your dance workout
Mac OS “BIG SUR”
Apple has announced a major change over the processor of Mac. As of today, they are using the chips from Intel, however, now they are planning to make a shift towards ARM.
Apple has named the new version of macOS as Big Sur which has got following features.
- Control center on the Menu bar
- Maps have been redesigned
- Safari would let you know what kind of data is being tracked by the website.
- Clutters of Notification areas has been cleared out
Other exciting changes are
- You could choose whether to share a precise location or approximate location
- iOS will indicate you if any of the application has been accessing camera or audio
- AirPods has came up with automatic switching between your Apple devices