The main aim of NTC VoLTE service is to improve voice call quality using 4G service. We can say the voice quality will be on HD. The main benefit of VoLTE(Voice over LTE) is that you can continue to use 4g data during voice calls.
What are the benefits:
- Simultaneous use of HDvoice and LTE data
- High Definition sound between two users who use VoLTE enabled services.
- Quick Call Time
- Its a next generation technology: More faster, More easier with Better Quality
- Same rates will be charged for the VoLTE calls.
- VoLTE service will not incur additional data charges.
Challenges For NTC To implement VoLTE Services
- Only latest for few mobile models will support this technology.
- Galaxy M01s, Galaxy M02, Galaxy M02s, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M31, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A52, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A72, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20 ultra, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+, Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Fold2.
- Redmi 9 Prime, Mi10, Redmi 9C, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi 8A
- Nokia 5.3, Nokia 7.2, Nokia 3.4
2. You must update your firmware to latest version which can be a big heck for mid series phones as it can slow down their phones. (Hardware Not Meeting Software Requirements)
3. You must have a 4G Sim too.
4. 4G coverage is not that good on all parts of the country, so the service will be beneficial to only few areas.
5. Since the caller and receiver must be using same VoLTE to get its benefit it added a little more challenge.
Setting your phone for VoLTE Services
- Dial *444#
Select (2) Activate VoLTE. If you haven’t already enabled 4G Select (1) first.
- For Android: Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Turn on VoLTE call.
- Dial *111# to get 100 minutes FREE VoLTE voice calls valid for 28 days.
- If your device is in supported list please be sure to update it if the VoLTE option is not shown.